Supervisors Skills Course
This online, interactive course explores the role of the IPS supervisor. We provide guidance on honing supervisory skills that lead to satisfied, productive staff who share a common vision to continualy improve program performance and job seeker outcomes. We explore techniques to engage key stakeholders (e.g., agency leadership, vocational rehabilitation leaders, and other partners) to leverage their support for full implementation of IPS programs. Instructors and participants share and discuss different ways to encourge staff to continualy seek information about providing good IPS services.
- Introduction to Good Supervision Practices
- Hiring and Retaining IPS Staff
- Becoming an IPS Trainer (Train Your Staff)
- Outcomes-based Supervision
- Developing and Sustaining Your Program
This web-based course is intended for people who are currently supervising an IPS program.
Each unit consists of 60 – 90 minutes of reading material, videos, and quizzes. Each unit also includes assignments. Supervisors will select the assignment for each unit that they feel would most benefit their programs. Participants submit homework assignments and discuss them with the instructor through email.
Participants may work on the course at any time of day or night, though sections of the course will shut down as the course progresses.
2018 Course Schedule
- February 19 – April 27. Registration January 8 through February 2, 2018
- June 18 – August 24. Registration May 1 through June 1, 2018
- October 8 – December 14. Registration August 20 through September 21, 2018