IPS for Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors Course
|Online||8/6/2018||5 weeks||6/18/18 – 7/20/18||$25|
|11/12/2018||10/1/18 – 10/26/18|
This course includes information about research evidence for IPS (Individual Placement and Support) supported employment, the role of state vocational rehabilitation counselors in IPS, the eight IPS practice principles and how VR counselors can use those principles. People who complete the course receive a certificate of completion as well as 4.0 clock hours from the Commission on Rehabilitation Counseling.
- The Role of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors in IPS
- IPS Practice Principle 1: Zero Exclusion Criteria
- IPS Practice Principle 2: Competitive Employment
- IPS Practice Principle 3: Integration of Services — Collaboration
- IPS Practice Principle 4: Personalized Benefits Planning
- IPS Practice Principle 5: Rapid Job Search
- IPS Practice Principle 6: Systematic job development
- IPS Practice Principle 7: Individualized, Time-unlimited Job Supports
- IPS Practice Principle 8: Individual Preferences are Honored
- Supported Education
This web-based course is intended for Vocational Rehabilitation counselors. The title “Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor” is sometimes used in a generic manner. In this case, we refer to state agencies who help people with all types of disabilities to return to work.
The course is comprised of two units, which consist of reading material, videos, and short quizzes. Each unit takes about one hour to complete. In addition, participants complete one assignment during the five weeks, which they email to the instructor who then engages them in an email discussion about IPS.
Participants may work on the course at any time of day or night.
2018 Course Schedule
- Course dates: January 15 – February 16. Registration: November 27 -December 22, 2017
- Course dates: April 2 – May 4. Registration: February 19 – March 16, 2018
- Course dates: August 6 – September 7. Registration: June 18 – July 20, 2018
- Course dates: November 12 – December 14. Registration: October 1 – October 26, 2018